February 1, 2017
In accordance with the Bylaws of Seaboard Federal Credit Union (SFCU), this letter is sent to communicate the following official notices of SFCU.
The SFCU Annual Meeting will be held on Friday, April 28th, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the Bucksport Performing Arts Center at the Bucksport Middle School.
For 2017, there are three Board openings, and the Nominating Committee has selected:
· William Cohen, retired Communications and Public Affairs Manager at Verso Paper. Mr. Cohen served as a SFCU director for 1 year. He has also served as Past President of the Bangor Chamber of Commerce, the Bangor YMCA, the Bucksport Bay Chamber of Commerce and has been on the Board of Trustees for the Maine Public Broadcasting Network and the Maine Community College System. He currently serves on the Selectman Board in Brooklin. Bill has an MA from Miami University and BA from Marietta College.
· Alan Johnson, retired from Verso Paper in November 2011 after 44 years of service. Mr. Johnson is the current Board Vice Chairman and has served as a director for 24 years. He was Board Chairman for 1 year and Secretary/Treasurer for 14 years. “AJ” has served on the Budget Committee for the past 23 years and the ALCO Committee for the past 21 years.
· Jeff Kneeland, retired from Verso Paper in October 2011 after 43 years of service. Mr. Kneeland has served as a director for 6 years and is on the Policy and Negotiating Committees. He served as a Trustee, Shop Steward, Board Member and Negotiating Committee Member of IAM Local 1821. Jeff has been Treasurer of the Penobscot Bay Coin Club. He is a graduate of Eastern Maine Technical College.
· Joe Lynch, retired Senior Environmental Engineer at Verso Paper. Mr. Lynch has been the Chair of the Supervisory Committee for 7 years and has served as a Committee member for 10 ½ years. He acted as Secretary of the Supervisory Committee for 1 year. Joe has been involved with the Boy Scouts and Millinocket Youth Hockey. He has a BA in Mathematics from the University of Maine.
· Ray Seamans, an Electrical Contractor and former 26-year employee at Verso Paper. Mr. Seamans has served 4 years on Seaboard FCU’s Supervisory Committee. He has Associate Degrees in Business Management and Trades/Technological Occupations from Eastern Maine Community College. Ray is an active member of the Anah Shrine Temple.
Nominations for the vacancies may also be made by petition. You must complete two required forms, “Nomination by Petition” and “Qualifications and Biographical Information”. The petition form must be signed by 1% of Seaboard Federal Credit Union members, which equals 125 signatures. All forms and petitions must be returned to the Chair of the Nominating Committee, (address below), by March 10th, 2017.
Mr. Kyle Casburn, Chairman Nominating Committee
c/o Seaboard Federal Credit Union
PO Box G
Bucksport, ME 04416
The election will not be conducted by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor when there is only one nominee for each position to be filled. If so, the Secretary will cast one ballot for the nominees at the annual meeting.
Should a ballot be required, members will be notified on March 17th, 2017 of all the names that will appear on the ballot. Elections of the new board members will then take place at the Ellsworth and Hermon offices on April 26th and the Bucksport office on April 27th and 28th. If you have any questions, please call (207) 469-6341.
Kyle W. Casburn
President and CEO