Did you know that your ability to conduct business with your credit union extends thousands of miles beyond our local branches? Now that Seaboard participates in the shared branching network, you can walk into any Shared Branching location displaying the swirl logo and make transactions directly with your account at Seaboard, such as:
- Deposit, withdraw, or transfer funds*
- Make loan payments
- Make a balance inquiry
- Get money orders and Visa gift cards
Each Shared Branching location will have automatic access to your regular account and works just like your Credit Union branch. Now you will be able to conduct business all over town, all over the state, and all over the country at any Shared Branching locations.
All you will need is three things:
- The name of your credit union
- Your account number
- A current valid government-issued picture identification with signature
Within a few seconds, the member service representative at the Shared Branching location will be linked to your credit union account and can make deposits, withdrawals or transfers transactions.
Technology and the spirit of cooperation have enabled credit unions across the country to welcome you in the personal manner you're accustomed to at your credit union. You do not have to belong to the credit union displaying the Shared Branching swirl logo, and there are no fees for conducting a transaction at the Shared Branch. The only things you cannot do at a Shared Branching location is join the credit union, correct errors on your account or open, close or make changes to your account. To Find a Shared Branch location, you can click the link below or call 1-800-919-2872.
- * The funds you deposit at the Credit Union Service Center locations may not be available for immediate withdrawal from your credit union account. Holds are placed by your own credit union on items you deposit through the Shared Branching locations based on your credit union's hold policies.